How Can Your Get Things Done?
How many times have you tried to get stuff done and you have been dragged away from it by something else far less important ? I have been there many times and I would like to share with you the 5 tips that have completely changed things for me.
- Three Most Important Tasks: Every day decide the three most important tasks that you need to get done, choose activities that once completed will have the biggest impact on your results and that will help you focus on other things because they have been for long time on your Todo list and hence in your mind.
- Divide and conquer: Don’t try to address a big task as a whole but split it in smaller sub-tasks achievable in one day that will allow you to consistently progress towards your main objective. Every small task completed will give you the motivation and energy to keep working.
- Reduce the amount of emails you receive: Every time we receive an email our brain has to move away from what we are doing with a consequent impact on our performance. In the worst cases the email will bring you to a website where you will spend hours before taking the decision to buy something that was not part of your plans. Unsubscribe from all the mailing lists that don’t help you move towards your main purpose, bring down the noise…you will see the difference.
- Write your tasks down: Your memory is not a good place where to store the tasks to be done, always write them down. Personally I have found that a task board has dramatically increased my speed of execution; having the tasks always in front of you helps you focus and the act of removing them from the board once completed gives you motivation to do more and more.
- Visualise your achievements: Seeing yourself in the future once a task has been accomplished will boost your motivation. Learn how to focus so strongly on something until it becomes so clear in your mind that nothing else exists around you until that goal has been achieved.
Improving our productivity is a gradual process, once you will consistently follow these 5 tips on a daily basis you will start mastering them and you will discover a new you who has time to get things done and enjoy the results of your hard work.
Click here if you would like to receive other tips to improve your knowledge and productivity.
Follow the tips above, get things done and keep me updated about your progress!